Studio 5000 and PowerFlex 525, AENTR

keshik

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I'm trying to get a Studio 5000 project (v24 using CompactLogix) to be happy with a PF 525 and a 1734-AENTR Point/IO module.

My AENTR module came factory flashed to v5.12 and the highest major revision I can select for it in Studio is v4. What do I need to do to allow it to go to v5? I've tried downloading and installing the v5.12 EDS file (using the EDS registration tool) but it seems to make no difference, even after rebooting the computer.

Similarly, I can't properly configure my PF525. It keeps wanting to configure the database whenever I open up its properties. Downloading them from the drive doesn't seem to do anything and going to the web page isn't helping me either.

Thanks.

In general, A-B control system and I/O modules use an Add-On Profile instead of an EDS file in order to add their functionality to Studio 5000. The EDS files are so that RSLinx Classic can have modular identity information while browsing devices. They play a limited role in "EDS-based AOPs" for third party devices but that's not applicable to your system.

Download the Add-On Profiles from the RA support website.

The PowerFlex drive, though, uses an embedded instance of Drive Executive, so it has both an AOP and a drive database. I'm less familiar with adding those to Studio 5000.

I did find a technote on the RA Knowledgebase saying that opening a PowerFlex 520 series driver in Studio 5000 v24 takes much longer than in other versions; Article ID # 664399 (Access level: Everyone).

And there's another that describes the AOP and drive database files you need to install to run a PowerFlex 525 or 523: Article ID #727852 (Access Level: Everyone).