You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 13th, 2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Cydog
United States

Windows 10- RS Logix 20.04 Fatal Error everytime I open a project. Any thoughts ?

Good Afternoon ,

I just purchased a Windows 10 Laptop. I installed RS Logix 5000 versions 16 , 17 and 20.04. Every time I open a Version 20.04 project , I get a Fatal Error . Rockwell told me to "repair" Version 20.04. I took notice that there is no "Repair" option in Add and Remove programs. Have any of you had this problem before ?

Thanks so much in advance .
Old August 13th, 2019, 01:16 PM   #2
Aabeck
United States

I use 20.04 on 2 Win10 computers without problem. Are you running it as Administrator so it can create the use files?

The problem I have is when I try to install ver 20.05 it pops up that I have ver 23 of [something like motion design database] and need ver 32 and closes the installer. Can't find any download for it and trying to increment Studio5K versions up one by one doesn't update it until the next version halts.
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:42 AM   #3
PreLC
United States

Did you install them in order, or one after the other?

If you did the latter, the easiest option is to reinstall. The best option is to copy common files found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Common\ from another computer to your fatality prone computer.

This only works is you have another computer with a higher version installed(You can use future common files too AFAIK).
Old August 14th, 2019, 03:11 PM   #4
BlueAltezza
United States

Try running it in compatibility mode for Win7 or XP. I remember having a similar issue and one of the compatibility modes worked.....until Studio5k gets installed.

If you ever install Studio5k, uninstall your RSLogix 5k programs first. Install the latest Studio first and then any of the older versions (doesn't matter if studio or rslogix) and there should be no need for the compatibility mode after that.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum