SCADA system with RS232 to a MPI connection in S7-300

Andoni

Hi Everybody!

I want to make a SCADA system by means serial port RS232 connected to the MPI port of a S7 CPU313C-2DP. I will use the software LabView DSC Module 7.0, InTouch, WinCC Demo or LookOut 4.5 Demo. I already know that exist a HMI_Adapter from siemens which makes this connection, but:

* Is there any different way to do it without using this adapter?
* Can i use the PC/MPI cable adapter?
* Do somebody know how much does the HMI_Adapter cost?
* is it possible to use the USB port some how?

Thanks.

Andoni.

Last edited:
Hello andoni;
Siemens sells a USB to MPI adapter, part no. 6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0, that seems to work well.
For more information, do a search on this forum for the module, or ask your Siemens rep.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi andoni,
Stick with the USB Adaptor as daniel says, I used to do some testing with wincc with an old PC Adaptor but its quite slow in comparison to the newer interfaces. Price wise i dont think theres much difference.

Regards
Steve