PanelView upload problems

ashley

Hi,
I uploaded panelview applications from the following terminals using PanelBuilder32 software version 3.7.

Panelview 1000, Part No. 2711-T10C8, Ser. B, Rev. C, FRN 4.41
Panelview 300, Part No. 2711-K3A5L1, Ser. B, Rev. A, FRN 4.41

When I try opening the uploaded .PVA file I get the following message:
"Unable to load file. Not a PanelBuilder32 file or file is corrupted or disk space is low"

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

All is not lost. Only money is....

The applicaton on the Panelview was created with version 3.8.x. Your "old" version of PB32 doesn't recognize the format changes. You need to upgrade your PanelBuilder.

Thanks Allen.
OK what I did next was tried opening the uploaded file on another PC which had version 3.8 but I still got the same message.
I haven't upgraded the PanelBuilder32 on the laptop from 3.7 to 3.8, so the upload was still done using version 3.7, copied onto a floppy and then tried opening on the PC which had version 3.8 when I got the same message as mentioned earlier.
I guess I will have upgrade the Panelbuilder version to 3.8 on the laptop and then try uploading.
Thanks again

Sadly, Rockwell is up to 3.81 now, I think the file should have uploaded properly. If you post it, someone with 3.81 can try openning it, at least to see if that is indeed the problem

Hmm.. had same problem the other day,
now the system was installed in about 1995 so it was an old app.
I uploaded it in an old version of PB in about 2001 & this will load in pb32 latest version, however if I uploaded it using latest version from the HMI, it saves it & I get the same message when I try to load it, but as this was only used to replace damaged HMI I used the utility to download it.
I do not have the old software anymore but it may be worth seeing if copying it with old version, loading it, creating PVA app then use pb32 & see if it will load.

Was the panelview previously downloaded to originally with v2.6 ?

If it was then there are a couple of AB issues with this and you would need to upload with v2.6 then save then open with v2.8 then download and all should be ok.........

If its nothing to do with v2.6 then ignore my post :)

Dave

It's also possible that the "upload information" that is generally included in a *.PVA file was intentionally excluded from these terminal runtime files by the creator of the files. If these are terminals you got from an OEM, the odds increase that this was done.

Again: Not all *.PVA files can be "de-compiled" into *.PBA files for PanelBuilder. Sometimes the decompilation information is removed to save space or to protect proprietary applications.

Or, it could be a garden-variety version difference as the previous posters have mentioned.

You can get someone on this Forum or at RA Technical Support to attempt opening your file with PanelBuilder32 3.81.

Thanks for your responses everyone. I have attached the file just in case any of you would like to try opening it.
Since both the panelviews are on equipment from OEM's Ken's guess is very much a possibility.
Haven't been to the site since I last posted. Have upgraded my Panelbuilder to version 3.81 though. Will keep you guys posted if I happen to get an oppurtunity to upload with version 3.81.
Thanks once again.

Well heck, I don't know what's up with PanelBuilder32 tonight. I can't seem to open anything.

My copy of PanelBuilder32 version 3.81 gives a message indicating that your file is "of an older version", which generally means the file is in PVA format from 16-bit PanelBuilder, i.e. prior to version 2.6.

But then it fails to convert it and gives me the "out of memory" error.

Something is messed up between the old 1995 database engine and the new database engine when dealing with uploaded PVA files, it appears.

I used this very same computer to upload and modify a 1994-vintage PanelView 550 just a couple of weeks ago, so I know it's not a universal problem. I think it only strikes on weekends, or at night.

well, I uploaded it in 2001 & it converted without a problem & I have found the original, that loads into the latest version of PB32 so the source code is there but seems to be a problem converting an old version direct from the HMI with latest.
So I'm quite happy now that I have the converted code.
I suggest you use an older copy of PB, upload it, convert it to PBA then try loading it into PB32.... unless the source is missing of course.
Good luck.

just an idea

I have have seen the insufficient disk space error here several times, though I don't think we have since we've started using the XP windows version. I don't know exactly what causes it, but I just always uninstalled and reinstalled PB. It's never caused a problem immediately after that, but I'm not enough of an IT man to tell you what causes it in the first place. We've been using 3.81.00 for quite awhile, and have seen the same problem while using it as well. I'll be interested to see if an upgrade to 3.81 fixes the problem as well, even if it is temporary. That's just my 2 cents.

Russ

fuggedaboutit

I finally got some time to try and open your app. I get the same message as you're getting, which leads me to believe that my previous post is irrelevant, and that either your file is corrupted, or perhaps something like Ken had mentioned is taking place. Sorry.

Russ

Have you checked your firmware version. I tried to download your program and got your error as well. If this is truly an old HMI device, the firmware will need to be updated before 3.81 will work.

Todd.