Scan time conversion from RSLogix500 to 5000

mondi_19

I am converting (well not me personally but an application, I am just checking that that everything went OK, it did not, what a mess!, that's another topic) a program from RSLogix 500 (SLC 5/05) to RSLogix 5000 Compact logix 1678-L43. In the SLC program a compute (CPT) instruction is used and inside the instruction the scan time is used (S:35). Now I don't know how to convert that in RSLogix 5000. During the conversion it got to converted to a tag (S:35). Any ideas how I can use the scan time as a variable in the program?

Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Scan time CPT RSLogix500.png

You can read the "scantime" from each Task in the ControlLogix using a Get System Variable (GSV) instruction.

If this logic is going into a Periodic Task, you could just depend on the Task to be executed at the configured rate.

If it's going into the Continuous Task, you'll probably want to use the GSV.

Configure the GSV for the Task object, and for either the name task or "THIS" task, and the Last Scan Time attribute.

You can look up the Task object in the RSLogix 5000 "GSV/SSV Objects" section of the Help file for more details.

The ControlLogix execution interval value will be in microseconds, not milliseconds.