Factorytalk talk knowledge please

stu

Hi guys
I’m after some factorytalk view studio Me knowledge, I was looking at the terminal info ocx demo in Ftv studios and I would like to get this to work on our machine ?
Is this a ActiveX ipinfo ?
Do I have to create the memory tags in factorytalk?
I’ve had a look at this but have not attempted. Your guidance would be much appreciated thanks stu

D2AF2935-126C-4DC1-A311-A7E1A9D350E6.jpg

So the stuff on the left is just a display, those memory tags are bound using the ActiveX control 'Me TerminalInfo Control'

Add the control first, then yes you'll need to add memory tags and bind then inside the control.

Well, it seems fairly straightforward.

But you can reference technote 518641 for more information about each tag and what you can/can not do w/ them.

You can also probably just export the display and tag information and import into one of your projects.

You can find info on the activeX in the FTView Studio ME Help>Contents
Search for TerminalInfo ActiveX control

The activeX only works with tags; all of them are write tags except for the "enable" connection.
You will need to build your display objects to show the tag data.

You don't have to create the HMI tags, but you do need tags of one kind.
The example uses HMI memory tags, but you could also use direct reference tags to your PLC.

Can you get the hmi firmware displayed too ??

I don't think so, no. I have not ever done that.

The firmware info is in the config dialogs, but you don't always want the operator to go into the Configuration Mode to see that.

I knew this one sounded familiar?...

Factorytalk me active x set up

In case you are still struggling to figure out what is what here with ActiveX objects in general, this technote gives a good general breakdown of what's involved in adding these objects into an application...

24195 - Using ActiveX objects
Access Level: TechConnect

Any questions, keep them coming and one of us will surely answer you.

Regards,
George

Just copy and paste into your new project, compare the tag addresses to what yours are and change if needed.

Can you get the hmi firmware displayed too ??

I don't think so, no. I have not ever done that.

The firmware info is in the config dialogs, but you don't always want the operator to go into the Configuration Mode to see that.

The device name can be shown with the terminal info activeX.

This isn't automatic, but you could change the PanelViewPlus device name to include the firmware version. ex. PVPabc_v900.

If you are very diligent about updating the device names with firmware changes, then that could work.
At least it lets you view the firmware version inside the running project.