Devicenet - SLC Processor & Flex IO

vinitch

Dear All,

Here is my hardwrae list for devicenet application :

1) Main panel with -
SLC hardware with two chasis 13 slot & 4 slot
Processor - SLC 5/05
Devicenet Adapter in slot 3 , Chaisis no. 2 (4 slot)

SPANG thyristor drive is on Devicenet in main panel.

2) Digital IO's in another panel with
1794-ADN devicenet adapter - 1 no.
1794-IB16 - 1 no.
1794-OB16 - 1 no.

I am very much new to devicenet concept.
Will anybody please let me know the required steps to configure
these devicenet adapters and how to get readings/status into PLC ?
I dont have Rsnetworks with me.
Will the demo version work as it can take care of node 0-5 (Total 6) ?
My application is for only two nodes,one is SPANG drive & other is FLEX IO.

A step by step instruction will help to configure devicenet adapters and make mapping in SLC program to read/write values from IO's.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Vinit.

some more help needed..

Dear Praveen Kumar,

Thanks for the info.
Where can I get a example of SLC ladder file showing how to configure/map devicenet address ?
In case of my example how I will get readings from SPANGDRIVE and status from FLEX IO's into SLC format ( I & O)
How to configure M0 & M1 for both nodes ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Vinit.

Thanks..

Dear Praveen,

Thanks for the info.I will study the same.
Do you have any .rss file which will have scanner module configuration and link to 1794-ADN for IB16 & OB16 module.
If not exact any similar application example ?

Thanks in advance.

Vinit.

In RSL500 you have to configure only the 1747-SDN there is no configuraion for adn & its I/O. the adn I/o is mapped to the Input & output file or M1 or M0 files depends upon rsnetworx configration