GSE 465 Scale issues

muusic_man

Hi all,
I have a GSE 465 scale connected to a ControlLogix 5561 plc via an ethernet module. The scale, plc and HMI were working fine. Without my prior knowledge the scale vendor came in and changed settings in the scale local display so the scale could read 3700 lbs, up from 3000 lbs. Now the issue. Under 3000 lbs the scale local display and the HMI match up. Above 3000 lbs the scale will display properly but the HMI displays a -3009 lbs. When the weight on the scale decreases below 3000 lbs they both match again. There is no manipulation of the incoming word from the scale before it is displayed. Not in the Intouch app nor in the plc. There is no place in the ethernet module to manipulate this data. I monitored the incoming data word live in the plc (ScaleXXX:I.Data[0]) and it mimics exactly what is displayed on the HMI.
I've been doing this kind of work (PLC and HMI) quite a while so I'm 100% certain that I'm looking at the correct raw data in the plc. The question is as follows: Is there some setting or something in the GSE 465 scale that needs to be properly set for the correct data to be transmitted. Again, the scale head reads correctly but the transmitted data over ethernet is incorrect.

Call Avery - they have great tech support.

The ethernet module communications via RS232 so maybe it is a serial string format issue but its a long shot.

I'm not sure why I should call Avery. And this is an ethernet module in the scale talking to an ethernet module in my plc. What does RS-232 have to do with anything.