Do PanelViews cache domain accounts?

Evirua

I know the question doesn't matter in the case of a FactoryTalk user, whose authentication is processed -as I understand it- directly on the loaded application by FactoryTalk Security.

Windows-linked users however need a server to authenticate against.

I'm evaluating a scenario in which the HMI-to-server connection faults for some reason or other. Would Windows-linked users still be able to connect in the HMI? Via cache memory or other?

I've read people speculating that PanelViews don't cache accounts, but couldn't quite find a reliable source to confirm it.

For the sake of posterity, the answer is no; Windows CE does not cache authentication credentials, Windows Server does, which is only relevant when using FactoryTalk SE, not FactoryTalk ME.