Orifice calculations

shkoko2000

Dear all,
hope you are well,
A friend ask my for he has an orifice is worked at hydrogen service with high flow after that he needs to use nitrogen instead to hydrogen with low flow rate how to verify this orifice handling this low flow rate? what are required parameters????

I suggest you get a copy of ASME PTC 19.5, which covers everything you want to know about orifice flow meters.

Regardless of the gas, the math is the same. You may run into a problem with low differential pressure at a low flow condition. This may be handled by using two different transmitters with different scaling.

This may get you started: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/orifice-nozzle-venturi-d_590.html

I mean that at low flow, different hole may be used from orfice calculations. And the other thing that i can use one diff. Transmitter with range cover low and high delta p