Pnuematic Rules - OSHA

Timeismoney08

Is it acceptable by today's standard, to have moving cylinders out in the open, as long as we do a risk assessment and prove that there is no chance of physical injury to anyone?

If so, is there a certain number of newtons or m/s that qualifies automatically as unsafe? or is it based only on the risk assessment?

Short answer, No!

in any machine, all moving parts must be guarded in such a manner to prevent any item from freely coming into contact with the moving parts.

I cannot cite book, chapter and verse, but that is the simplified version.
I hate to say this, but we are in a lawsuit happy country and bubba wants some time off.

if I am wrong, someone please correct me.

james

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi Does anyone knows the advantages of electro-pneumatic system over purely pneumatic system (if there is)? Our client has a problem regarding...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm working on a laptop that needs FactoryTalk Activation Manager installed on it as a host along with a Hyper-V VM client on the same...
Replies
Views
Hello, are there any standards for control wires naming rules? I have to set them up in my project (see pic). What is usually prefix and...
Replies
Views
So what does it take to be UL compliant with Ferrules? Is there such a thing as UL Approved Crimpers? or do you have to use the manufacture...
Replies
Views
We are trying to standardize our wire and ferrule brands. Before we used whatever the purchasing guy felt like at the time. Obviously that is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom