proface programcable?

twinkelbel

hello everybody
i want to program a touchscreen proface 470 but it seems i need a special cable to connect the touchscreen to the pc.
it must be some kind of rs232 connection from com port pc to the 8pole mini din connector from the screen or maybe is the 25pole rs232 conector also possible?.
i have read the softwaremanual but did only find that i have to buy a cable for it
i asked a proface vendor for the cable he told me that the price for the cable whas 200dollars!!!can you believe that!.
does somebody know what kind of cable it is??is it a convertor or only a signal seperator??
i think that i just have to know the exact pin to pin connections but nobody knows how or what ,and proface does not want to give me this information.
maybe somebody has some information?
thanks already robert

I haven't used the 470, but for the 2600 you do need a special cable. It is RS232 from the pc, but then is converted in a box on the cable which has a circuit board and chip this goes to a circular pinout on the proface end.

It would be much easier to download via ethernet if you have a port on that model. You can configure the proface from the offline PLC setup page. Your PC must have the same subnet mask and a similiar ip address. For example:

Pro-Face address 10.37.2.10
subnet 255.255.255.0

PC address 10.37.2.12
subnet 255.255.255.0

hi xian
thanks for the info but this model has no ethernet connection only a 25pole rs232 connector and a 8pole tool connector for programming.
the problem is that i want to use it for private and i do not have the programcable.
i can write the program and let a company program the touchscreen but then i have to drive 40miles for every litle change in the program!
mfg robert

The cable is 'special' and has electronics within the lead. I suggest you bite the bullet & buy one. How many proface units at your site?

hi chris
the problem is that i want the screen for home use to monitor a dieselgenerator.
i have the screen from my work where they bought a new screen because
somebody pushed to hard and now the glass is broken from the touch butten part(my next problem)
we do not have any software or cable to program the screen on the site,the hydraulic press is deliverd with the screen.
i have only one screen and it is just a hobby,i have the screen (with broken glass) i have the software but i do not have the cable!
i want to try to get a used cable but 200dollars for a hobby is a little bid to much
thanks any way robert

actually it used a serial port cable with a USB connectivity which goes into ur PC and a 6-pin (i guess) goes into the serial port of the touch screen. u can directly transfer ur programs online through this. Hope it helps