Kinetix 5700 ERS4 SS1 Instruction

chopin

Hello guys,

Does anybody have any experience with successful using SS1 instruction.
The system is Compact GuardLogix L310ERMS2 and drives are as mentioned Kinetix 5700 ERS4 dual feedback

There are few ways to have safety configured with those drives
1. Hardwired
2. Networked
2.1 Drive based
2.2 Controller based

I am trying to use the last option - controller based where all the safety is controlled within the safety program.

The problem I am experiencing is when the SS1 is requested the drive does not seems to be decelerating, instead it goes straight into STO.

See the picture.

The problem is probably that I misunderstood something and not using the SS1 correctly.

I could not find any example of how to use it while using controller based safety.

111.jpg