OT: Coronavirus do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this from a customer today regarding a visit by one of our servicemen tomorrow.
——-

Good morning,

Due to the Coronavirus, XXXXXXX requires us to fill out a questionnaire prior to a vendor or contractor visit. I need the answers to the questions below so I can fill out the form, preferably today, so I can submit the form to allow access Friday. Let me know if you have any questions (this isn’t fun for any of us).

Visitors name
Has the visitor traveled to a restricted country in the last 14 days? Yes or No

To the best of their knowledge, has the visitor been in close contact with a person in the last 14 days who:
Single choice
Traveled to a quarantined area?
Has contracted the virus?
Showed symptoms of this virus?
None of the above

Is the visitor currently experiencing, or have experienced in the last 14 days, any symptoms of the virus (low or high grade fever, body aches, coughing, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, cough shortness of breath, and/or breathing difficulties). Yes or No

Y2k.20

So far, the estimated mortality rate is 10 times higher than the flu, but I expect that to decline as they learn how to treat it. There are those who believe it was created in Wuhan. Some speculate that it either escaped or was intentionally released. It started during the world's largest travel holiday (Chinese New Year) which could have been a coincidence. If it creates an economic downturn and creates enough unhappiness, it will increase the chance that the incumbent president loses in November which could be motive for the initial outbreak as well as the media frenzy to promote it and spread the fear.

Last edited:
... body aches, coughing, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, cough shortness of breath, and/or breathing difficulties). Yes or No

Yes, every darn spring around here for the past...

Sheesh, thinking back, it's been going on for a long time!!

Last edited:
That assumes one is exhibiting symptoms.

Then this will be like any other flu. It will be the survival of the fittest. If you die, you die. This appears to be the attitude in China now.

Don't know but most of these don't spread like the Wuhan virus.

The WHO is bought and paid for by the Chinese government.

China does not treat this like any other flu. They are taking draconian measure to keep it from spreading and the corner has already turned in China. They did mess up in the beginning, there's no disputing that.

As for IR scan, it's not 100%, we know that but any security measure, once going overboard, will be ignored and bypassed, so there has to be a balance. We also already know such measure are effective *enough* by the experiences of many east Asian nations without putting entire nation under lock down.

The media is sensationalizing this this. You need to be asking yourself why? The regular flu has killed thousands of times the people. The only people that have died have had preexisting medical conditions.....H1N1 was way worse. Why is the Media misreporting
this.......this is not just my opinion...I am regurgitating the opinion in the physicians/medical community that I have been exposed to. We have no valid source of news in the USA. You have to look for little pieces of the truth, dig deep.

What about mono stable vibrators, or full wave bridge rectifiers, or demonically possessed PLC5 cabinets, or A.I. take over, or the James Webb telescope?

COVID-19 89,000 ILLNESSES 3000 DEATHS world wide

INFLUENZA IN THE U.S.A. ALONE 32 MILLION ILLNESSES 18,000 DEATHS THIS SEASON

according to the CDC.

Flu kills a half-dozen elderly patients at Evergreen Health in Kirkland every year. COVID-19 killed ten last week. These are not abstract statistics, they are corpses in the isolation morgue at Harborview.

I have a friend who is a nurse at that nursing complex. Another who works with the firefighters who got called for service there. Two neighbors who work at Harborview and are watching them build out the respiratory care, isolation, and triage area. One told me "we expect to be overrun", an interesting choice of words for a Marine.

This is not fearmongering: this is how people facing an outbreak in person are handling it.

Traffic in Seattle is terrible, all the time. Because I was up at 3 to catch a plane yesterday, I slept in until 8, got on the road at 8:15... and did 70 MPH all the way to work. Every store is sold out of soap, rice, canned food, hand sanitizer.

I traveled extensively during the SARS outbreak and remember the shoe sanitizing walkway and IR cameras at Inchon, and the isolation hall at Narita. The travel precautions at LAX include two small signs reminding travelers who are already in line to board the plane that they should not travel if they are sick.

I am desperately concerned for my frail family members and neighbors.
This is not abstract, or something I'm watching on TV happening far away. I will not panic, for the same reason I will not despair. But I am very, very concerned.

Ok, everywhere I look I see -cases 70, death toll 11 in Washington state. I mean no disrespect. Looking for the truth.

Coronavirus live updates: U.S. death toll rises to 12 - The ...www.washingtonpost.com

This is something I grabbed that represented all the numbers Im seeing everywhere.

CALIFORNIA: 60 cases; 1 death

-- 24 cases are repatriation flights
-- 18 cases are travel-related
-- 7 cases are due to close contact
-- 3 cases are exposure in a medical facility
-- 4 cases are community spread
-- 4 cases are unknown sources

Ken, I totally understand your concerns. I never started getting a flu shot until my dad got older and I learned that the best way to keep the elderly from getting flu is to have everyone around them get their flu shots.

Dad passed on a little while ago but my mother in law has very serious COPD. She would definitely be one most at risk of dying from something like Covid-19. Have to be very careful.

The media is lying to us. The death rate is higher than 3.4% or what ever number they are using. The media divides the number of deaths by the number of deaths + infected. This is not right. The infected are pending out comes which are death or recovery. The real death rate is deaths / ( deaths + recovered ). Now do the calculations for yourself and realize you are being lied to.

The media is [sic] lying ...

To paraphrase an old saying, perhaps we should not attribute to maliciousness (lying) that which can reasonably be attributed to incompetence.

Besides, the media have a vested interest in inflating the number: sensationalism raises the value of a commercial.

Doing the computations based on the analysis of how the media incorrectly calculate and report the death rate depends on knowing the ratio of the number of cases that have reached an end-point (death or recovery), to the number of cases which have not yet reached an end-point (infected but not yet dead or recovered). I agree the math says the number would go higher, but how much higher, from very little to a lot, depends on that ratio.

I think they should not have closed the borders between all countries for non essential travel long ago.
Still, to this day I know people leaving to go on vacation, filter voluntarily through airports' going on business meetings and such. EEEGHHH! I wouldn't do that if there wasn't a plague going around.
So worried that revenue will be lost in the tourism industry... So what, they have closed all our industries here. Fishing, mining and forestry to benefit a very small special interest group, yet they are to worried about a few lost tax dollars to actually shut things down for a few weeks to let this play out. They would rather just deal with the aftermath. We still have cruise ships coming in to port for F*S*.
Worst of all, most grown men cant even wash their damn hands in the bathroom and will go to great lengths to make it appear that they have and only accomplish further contamination. I see it everywhere. Its like nobody cares enough to do the little things yet they care enough to doomsday prep like maniacs.
My rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.