Festo CPV10 And RS Logix5000

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,

Has anyone successfully connected a Festo CPV10 valve terminal to a ControlLogix system using ethernet.

I have looked all over, and can't seem to find anything.

I am assuming I will need to add a generic module, but I don't know what the configuration will be.

Any help would be appreciated, until then I will keep looking.

Cheers

Mark

We used to have CPV10 connected via digital outputs. We upgraded the entire physical machine so rather than retrofitting the CPV10, we went to an Ethernet/IP remote IO with integrated electrical IO, some pneumatic pressure control valves, some pressure reading valves, and ofcourse 5/2 valves.

Looking at the manual, there are two ways to connect the CPV10 to ControlLogix via Ethernet/IP:
1. ENBT -> Ethernet/IP -> any off the shelf ethernet/IP IO link master (my favourite is IFM for the colour, and how close their name is to my own) ->IOLink -> The IO-link interface for a CPV10

For this you will need the EDS file for the IO link master you have chosen. It should then allow you to add IO link IODD. Search IFM for "IO-Link master Ethernet/IP" and the eds files are on each product page. Search festo.com for "CPV10" and the IODD file is on their "Software + Driver" tab

I think Allen Bradley now have an Ehternet/IP to IO-Link master
1732IL-16CFGM12M12L. I don't know anything about it though, wether it's a core product or what.

https://www.ifm.com/gb/en/search?query=IO-Link+master+EtherNet/IP#!/product?_type=product

https://www.festo.com/net/en-gb_gb/SupportPortal/InternetSearch.aspx?q=CPV10&tab=16&s=t#result

2. ENBT -> Ethernet/IP -> Festo's CTEU-EP module -> Festo I-port (??) -> The Festo I-port interface for the CPV10

For this you will need the EDS file. Search festo.com for "CTEU-EP" and the EDS file is on their "Software + Driver" tab
https://www.festo.com/net/en-gb_gb/SupportPortal/InternetSearch.aspx?q=CTEU-EP&tab=16&s=t#result

Hi Ian,

Exactly what I was looking for.

In my stupidity, I was looking for EDS files for the actual CPV10. The module I have got (sat on my bench) is indeed the CTEU-EP.

I have added the EDS file for the CTEU-EP, and I am operating the CPV10 over ethernet.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Mark