temperature control with a process controller

rock

Have a question that I hope someone can help with.
Have been looking into using a Omron Process Controller to possibly control a
I/p tye valve for hot water.
Could someone give me some insight as to whether it is possible to use one of the process controllers with a thermocouple or rtd sensor connected to it and control how much a valve opens to allow hot water to flow depeding upon how close to the desired set temperature is that you may need to heat something to.
Would apprecaite any help. Just learning about controlling valves this way.
Seems like it is a more efficient way of controlling a valve this way if the application is not large enough to justify using a plc.

You will find that most of those controllers have an automatic PID tuning function that generally works very well. Press the button and walk away.
beerchug