I/O Not Responding - #0106, #0315

I put the Entry Status logic in there, and got 1's, with an occasional 7, but now my controlnet is throwing a 16#0812 error ("Unknown"). Hope a system reboot or controlnet reschedule fixed that.

Regarding the posting, I can probably strip all the "customer owned" logic, and just provide the I/O tree and vars? That's good enough?

If you save the file as an L5K it will be substantially smaller.

Then Zip it and post.

Last edited:
If you save the file as an L5K it will be substantially smaller.

Then Zip it and post.

I have noticed you mentioned Redundancy. Are PLC_A and PLC_B supposed to be a redundant pair ??

No. PLC-A has a redundant pair.

I have tech support on site now. I'll let you know what they find, but after 20 minutes, they're still scratching their heads.

I'm wondering if Producing Tags from a Controller that is part of a redundant pair is screwing this up???

Is it possible to disable the redundancy temporarily and see if the P/C tags work then??

It Works!

Among the issues were a strange "Timer_task.c lin 1234" from one of the controlnet cards, but the primary reason seems to be that the redundant PLCs needed to have the two highest node numbers. Also, actually setting up Redundancy helped for some reason (even though, before, PLC-A didn't know it was destined to be redundant).

Thanks for the help as always. I'm not sure I learned a lesson on this one - it was complex.

Thanks for posting back mainstreetmark.

Yes, the two redundant ControlNet cards need to be highest node numbers, so that neither of them will ever be the active keeper.

But that doesn't explain (to me, at least) why it stopped Produced/Consumed tags working properly, and, as you said, you couldn't get this to work before enabling redundancy.

I think the first thing you mentioned is more likely the culprit, something left behind in the ControlNet configuration from a former life.

...or the strange "Timer_task.c line 1234" error that showed up on the controlnet card on one of the PLCs, or the 16#0812 error, which was "unknown". Also, re-seating every card in the whole system helped.

But, like i said, there wasn't one thing that suddenly fixed everything.