Allen-Bradley Micro810

To transport a CCW project, you need to zip the whole project directory into an archive.

There are dozens of files that are related to each project in the project folder. It's not like RSLogix where the *.RSS or *.RSP file is itself a container that is treated like a single file by Windows.

Edit: I see now that you used an Excel 2010 file as a way to embed a screenshot.

I can't see clearly enough: is the XIC contact instruction address "TOF_1Q" or "TOF_1.Q" ? There should definitely be a dot between the 1 and the Q.

Last edited:
To transport a CCW project, you need to zip the whole project directory into an archive.

There are dozens of files that are related to each project in the project folder. It's not like RSLogix where the *.RSS or *.RSP file is itself a container that is treated like a single file by Windows.

Edit: I see now that you used an Excel 2010 file as a way to embed a screenshot.

I can't see clearly enough: is the XIC contact instruction address "TOF_1Q" or "TOF_1.Q" ? There should definitely be a dot between the 1 and the Q.

No sir, no dot. šŸ™ƒ I will try it.

I think I'm missing something during the establishing a variable, part of this. I can't seem to get it to permit making a variable using the .Q

When you created the timer, CCW automatically created a Timer datatype tag called "TOF_1". You could change the name if you wished.

The TOF_1 tag contains all the elements for that Timer: the Preset, the Accumulated Value, the Enabled and Output (.Q) bits. You don't have to create them yourself.

I have looked for an instruction manual somewhere for the CCW Software but have found nothing, so far. I'm now trying to use a counter for something else on this control but don't know what it is looking for for the "PV" and what it wants for "RESET". The only way I knew that a timer required a "T#xH,M,S,MS" was from the online help by pressing "F1" after highlighting a timer. I can't find any help for the counter though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I gave up a little too soon. I see how to use the .PV from the varaible page. Still working on what is required for "RESET". Thank you

Last edited:
Not to jack another thread, but since we were on the topic of the TOW instruction in CCW I figured I'd ask here...
This thread has really shed some light on the TOW function block for me, however, I still can not seem to get mine to work correctly. Basically what I am trying to do is count how many times an input comes on in a 24 hour period (data collection.) Along with that, I want to display the current count on the LCD display along with the previous three days below it. I can get it to count up and show the current count on the LCD, but when it comes to moving the data around and getting it to do anything with the TOW instruction is where I'm having my issues, I can't seem to get it to output. I originally had the TOW block in a ladder program, then saw on here they were using function block, so I tried that too. It seems if you don't have something going to all four inputs of the TOW block (even though you only want to use one) it doesn't like it. What it's doing is when it gets to the time I specified in the variables of the TOWDATA, the rung never becomes true? I have attached what I currently have, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated as I was supposed to have this PLC installed and monitoring by the end of the day today. :confused:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ladder.jpg FunctionBlock.jpg GlobalVar.jpg

Last edited:
Just as a heads up in case anyone else is having issues with setting up a TOW instruction block like I did.
If you try to copy the example images on the previous pages it will cause an error when you try to "Build" the program. All four inputs of the TOW instruction have to have a TOWDATA tag assigned to them, they can not just be left blank. So I just put the same TOWDATA tag into all four inputs. The other thing I realized (which it will not error out for) is when you setup your TOWDATA tag, all of the Initial Value boxes must be filled in. In the example it shows DayOn and DayOff left blank.
This is where I ran into a problem. I was looking to have an output come on once a day, every day at midnight. According to the instruction comments to make it a daily timer, you would put FALSE into the Initial Value of **.DailyWeekly in your TOWDATA tag. I did that, then put my HourOn, MinON, and HourOff to 0, and my MinOff at 1 (to only be enabled for one minute after midnight). And since I figured I put FALSE in above to make it a daily timer I would put a 0 in for both DayOn and DayOff. However, in doing so I could never seem to get my TOW instruction to become true, no matter what time I put into the On and Off times. After messing with it for a while and a few conversations back and forth with Rockwell (they don't seem as if they really understand the program either), we finally figured out my problem. Even though it is set as a Daily timer, you still have to set your DayOff to a 6 for it to become true everyday. If they are both set to 0 (like how mine were) it would only become true one day out of the week.
I hope this helps anyone out who is having as much trouble with this instruction as I was. I have attached a picture below of what my TOWDATA tag and instruction looks like. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

TOWDATA Tag.jpg TOWDATA Instruction.jpg