.apa not valid

I can just restore this from the thumb drive right?
I should not need to install the files any where else.

Just go to Application manager and select SE (Local) > Restore application > then browse to where the .apa file is on my thumb drive double click it and say next.

I only get .apa is not valid for some reason.
I know I have don't this in the past and don't think I did it any different than now, but I am certainly getting a different result.

Thanks for taking a look and confirming the .apa does work, at least I can rule that out.

BCS

Have you tried copying the .apa file to your desktop and trying to restore it from there.

I know I have had problems before restoring from a flash drive.

I have also had instances where I couldn't restore at all once I had copied the .apa file to a flash drive.

Cheers

Mark

is 1 computer 32 bit and the other 64bit? Somewhere I seem to remember that being an issue with the database.

If you have the .mer (runtime file), try restoring it through the application manager.

I have struggled with the application corrupting (your issue may be different). One thing I found helped was to be logged into my computer with admin rights.

Have you tried copying the .apa file to your desktop and trying to restore it from there.

I know I have had problems before restoring from a flash drive.

I have also had instances where I couldn't restore at all once I had copied the .apa file to a flash drive.

Cheers

Mark

I did not try from the desktop but did try several time after moving the file into my C drive.

Just getting back on shift this morning so may poke at it a bit more after coffee.

Strange that Robo77 could open it right up after I emailed it to him, but I am unable.
(But I can open other applications just not anything I am pulling from another PC and trying to transfer to my laptop)

Thanks,
BCS

is 1 computer 32 bit and the other 64bit? Somewhere I seem to remember that being an issue with the database.

I don't believe so, my laptop is 32 bit and the other PC is just a small form factor unit, have never had compatibility issues before.
I think we have been pretty careful to keep everything 32 bit up to this point.
Times are a changing soon though I am sure. :)

I will double check on that though.

Thanks,
BCS

If you have the .mer (runtime file), try restoring it through the application manager.

I have struggled with the application corrupting (your issue may be different). One thing I found helped was to be logged into my computer with admin rights.

It is an SE project not a ME project. :)

I have full Admin rights to the laptop and never let IT touch it.

Thanks
BCS