PV 1400E Comm. Problem

Dave Williams

Heres another from the bizarre. We have a Panelview 1400E conected via DH+ to a SLC 504. Last night for no known reason the system shut down. Upon examination it was discovered that the SLC had lost its program which was reloaded. The problem comes with re-establihing the PV comms. No changes were made to the PV program. The 1400E is a special unit apparently as it requires Panelbuilder 1400E software & does not appear to use Linx when uploading/downloading, beyond that I dont know what the differences are. Unfortunatly we did not have the right cable to connect to the PV, it will be in tomorrow, but we looked at every possible thing we could in the SLC & can find nothing that should be keeping the comms down. Baud, node address, everything looks fine. Any suggestions are appreciated, also whats up with the 1400E being so different than the other PV's. If I have to replace the unit I might consider using a standard unit, but I understand that I will have to rewrite the program, I dont believe I can just re-configure it & load it into a regular PV, unless someone has info on that as well. Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you check the settings in the panelview? There should be a key on the back of the panelview that allows you to check the settings of the panelview.

I used the 1400E a couple of years ago, and basically found that it is a bigger, heavier, crappier more expensive version of a normal panelview.

Regards,

Steve

I guess I failed to mention that part, yes we checked the PV configuration in the setup screen. We even tried changing the node address, no go. We also found there were no termination resistors & installed those. Funny thing about that was we were having trouble staying online with the SLC until we put the resistors on. I just have this feeling its something really stupid.