Medoc & win2000 communications

Mark Forbes

Has anyone a solution for running Mitsubishi Medoc DOS based program under W2K Operating system. The program starts but you cannot communicate with the PLC. Also how do you get the MEDOC DOS based window larger as it opens in a tiny window.

Thanks

I suspect the answer is; you can't. It is a dos based program made back before win 95 - 98 - 200 XP etc.

It will work with 95 & 98 as that system can be run in Dos mode.

I would suggest you upgrade to GPPWIN. It is selling at about 70 -90 Pounds (From 600 Pounds) We all have eventually to move with the times.

I have used Medoc ver 1.63 on a laptop with win2000. Start the PC without the comms lead plugged in the serial port, Type CMD in the run box from the start button in win2000, start Medoc and the plug then comms lead into your serial port.
Check all the settings are right in Medoc, mine are set at Bit rate 9600, Word length 7, Parity Even, Stopbits 1, Port Com1.
These has worked without any problems on a FX PLC.
Hope this helps.