AB-Communication of multiple devices

unsunghippie

I have been steadily integrating all our PLC's here to a central SCADA (Wonderware) via Ethernet and have run into a problem.

The piece of machinery involved consists of two IAI robots, the need for an HMI on the machine (preferrably AB product - corporate standard)and the ability to talk to Wonderware. I would prefer they all talk to each other via ethernet.

The IAI robots are capable of Modbus TCP over ethernet as slaves only.

This leads me to the following questions.

- Are there any AB HMI's that are compatible/capable of Modbus TCP comms over ethernet?

- If so, as a master? or do I need to add a PLC.

-Possibly a protocol converter?

If I buy Devicenet cards for the robots, this could work also, but I would prefer to use strictly ethernet.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
DeviceMaster UP

The DeviceMaster UP which uses patent pending dualconnectplus technology, offers the capability of converting ModbusTCP to Ethernet and vice versa.

The one port unit supports one serial and one Ethernet device, and the 4-port unit offers support for 4 serial and 4 ethernet devices.

Last edited: