wonderware intouch installation and share wonderware intouch experience

script problem

If you go to Wonderware.com and log into the support you will find tech note 151. It talks about converting to InTouch 7 but not specifically InTouch 10.0

https://wdnresource.wonderware.com/support/kbcd/html/1/t000809.htm

You can sign up for free. I recomend looking at this and you may also find other articles or tech notes there.

Well, like I said, I am using intouch version 10.00.1223
the application which I try to open has been made in version 7 I guess.
when I try to import the files, as visible below picture, ''windows'' is not available in the import menu..does anyone have any idea why?
and also of course I get script failure, which says has to be converted.
image3q.jpg

thank you so much

If you go to Wonderware.com and log into the support you will find tech note 151. It talks about converting to InTouch 7 but not specifically InTouch 10.0

https://wdnresource.wonderware.com/support/kbcd/html/1/t000809.htm

You can sign up for free. I recomend looking at this and you may also find other articles or tech notes there.

Dear,
I do use intouch version 10.00.1223, I guess, the application which I try to open has been made in intouch 7.
however, under the import menu, ''windows'' is not available..does anyone know why?
yes, I do get script error message,which says need to be converted.
image3q.jpg

I don't think what you are doing a conversion from 7.0 to 10. What sounds like you are doing is creating a brand new application with 10.0 and using the import function within Windowmaker to import the screens and scripts from the older 7.0 app. Is this correct? If it is, it won't work because you can only import screens and scripts that are from the same version, in this case 10.0.

To do a coversion, just run Intouch application manager, then go to the menu Tools/find application and point to the 7.0 appliation folder. Now I believe what MadPLC say is right. You have to convert 5.6 to 7.0 or 8.0 first before going to 10.0. Are you sure you have 7.0?

intouch

I don't think what you are doing a conversion from 7.0 to 10. What sounds like you are doing is creating a brand new application with 10.0 and using the import function within Windowmaker to import the screens and scripts from the older 7.0 app. Is this correct? If it is, it won't work because you can only import screens and scripts that are from the same version, in this case 10.0.

To do a coversion, just run Intouch application manager, then go to the menu Tools/find application and point to the 7.0 appliation folder. Now I believe what MadPLC say is right. You have to convert 5.6 to 7.0 or 8.0 first before going to 10.0. Are you sure you have 7.0?

Hi,
What I need to do is: I have a running program which is created under intouch version 7.I need to change some windows and I wanted to open it in intouch 10, but windows are not visible, not possible to open, scritps give failure message that I have to convert it to new version.
thank you so much

intouch 1o

By the way, like I said I have in touch version 10, not 7.. application which I try to open is created under 7.
thank you so much

You can't do it that way. You have to be at the SAME VERSION NUMBER to edit or import. If you want to edit a 7.0 app, use a 7.0 app otherwise convert it to 10.0 and use your 10.0 app.

Thank you all

You can't do it that way. You have to be at the SAME VERSION NUMBER to edit or import. If you want to edit a 7.0 app, use a 7.0 app otherwise convert it to 10.0 and use your 10.0 app.

Thanx to all friends here, mission is complated, I could have opened and converted the application which has been made under intouch 7.Working under intouch 10.Once again, thank you..
However, here is a new question to share your experience,
I want to make a new cell which should show totall amount of the other cell,but the 2 cells show analog values ,
to what I should pay attantion while creating it?
thank you all again,

Hi.

I try to install wonderware information server and have a problem.

I installed mssql server 2005 on remote pc with windows server 2003.
And when i try to configure information server, i see a problem: "prerequisite check failed; validation of sql server version failed".

What should i do?