Logix 1768-L45 daylight savings time

sparky mark

Using GSV WallClockTime and LocalDateTime,
when I check the box "adjust for Daylight Savings" it advances the time by one hour. What is the purpose of this box? Can the PLC automatically "spring ahead" by one hour in the Spring, and "fall back" in the Fall at the proper day and time, or must I do some more programming?
Also can I get the Panelview to do the same with Daylight Savings time or to follow the PLC CPU time?
Thanks in advance for your help.

It won't do it automatically unless you tell it to.
Take a look at the samples that are installed with your RSL5000 installation, on Windows 7 they are in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Studio 5000\Samples\ENU\vxx\Rockwell Automation\PlantPAx. All sample program files have a well documented AOI named T_DST that you can use to automatically change the time in spring and fall.

OK. I now have the Daylight Savings Time (DST) AOI. "which will automatically check the box to switch to DST or uncheck the box to switch to standard time"
The AOI is T_DST.
Thanks for your help.

I have a Studio 5000 V30 installation which not have the PlantPAx sample folder referenced above. I could not find a sample project with T_DST after loading several of the ones in the ...V30\Rockwell Automation\ folder, including the Add-on-instruction-samples.

The Sample Code library at <http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/sample-code/overview.page> does have this add-on. It is downloaded as an L5K which can then be imported into an open project.