Affordable PLC?

Long time lurker here on this forum. Lot's of information here for people like us to learn.
I have a project where I need 11 Digital Inputs, 14 Digital Outputs, 6 Analog Inputs (Voltage) and 4 Analog Outputs (Voltage).
Need a very economical solution and easy to use software. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Programmable_Controllers/CLICK_Series_PLCs_(Stackable_Micro_Brick)

Click PLC - Automation Direct
Sample configuration based on your specifications. This has all of the options included for communication. Ethernet / RS232 / RS485

Item Code Qty Short Description Price Total
C0-11DRE-D 1 PLC (1) ETHERNET (2) SERIAL 8-PT IN 24VDC 6-PT OUT RELAY $159.00 $159.00
C0-08TD2 1 OUTPUT 8-PT 12-24VDC 0.3A/PT SOURCING FOR CLICK $35.00 $35.00
C0-08TR 1 OUTPUT 8-PT 6-240VAC/6-27VDC RELAY FOR CLICK $40.00 $40.00
C0-04DA-2 1 4-CH ANALOG OUTPUT 0-10V 12-BIT FOR CLICK $119.00 $119.00
C0-01AC 1 POWER SUPPLY 100-240VAC IN 24VDC OUT 1.3A FOR CLICK $39.00 $39.00
C0-04AD-2 2 4-CH ANALOG INPUT 0-10V 13-BIT FOR CLICK $89.00 $178.00

Total $570.00

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3y71jAPOdZAltYHLp8Z3aR961EqQUawt

Software is a free download.
Regards,

Rockfordmfg,

I have never used a product that has not been on the market for less than 12 months. that's been the policy at every plant I have worked at and my policy as well.

To try it out and play with it is ok, but I would be concerned about using it on an actual project. There may be some bugs that have not been found yet.

I used to be an alpha software tester for a plc manufacturer years ago. found several bugs before the software was released. One major bug was found 24 hours before the software was to be released for general use.

That's why i'm a little skeptical.

james

Thank you for your suggestions guys!
Since EZLogix and Click have free downloadable software's, I will download and try it out. I do not have a formal education / certificate on programming PLC's. Whatever I have learnt so far, it's been on my own. Google and of course this forum has been my gurus!
My first order of business, see which of these 2 software's are user friendly!
I will keep you guys posted!

May want to look at Horner, I think they are fairly cheap, and their stuff looks to be quality. I also believe the software is free.

Last edited:
May want to look at Horner, I think they are fairly cheap, and their stuff looks to be quality. I also believe the software is free.
I've used their hardware a lot.
Haven't had a single failure in a few years, solid once installed.
Software is free.
Pricing is excellent.

I used Horner late 90's. Cannot remember anything bad.
The HMI (text only, as I remember for the model HE500OCS100) programming was handled in the PLC software.

First Impression: Downloaded all 3 Software's:

EZLogix Designer Pro : Took me all 5 minutes to search and download.
Click : Same as above.
Horner : First I had to see their product list, Find out which software, Fill out a huge form online with all sorts of questions and then got access to download the software.

I still need to install all 3.
Stay tuned!

Depending on the shipping address of your homelessness, AD will ship it, and you'll get it NEXT DAY!

You'll likely be able to get more support here and at AD forum for the CLICK than the others.