Micro820 Modbus Serial to VFD Yaskawa V1000 flashes CALL alarm

JeffreyS

Problem 1:
I have the two wired up as shown below. ( Dip switch 2 is set to on on the VFD)
Serial connections: Micro820 > V1000
D- > R- and S-
D+ > R+ and S+
Ground to Ground

CallError.jpg shows the error code for CALL. Below are the serial communication settings saved in the parameters of the VFD.
H5-01 = 5
H5-02 = 4
H5-03 = 0
H5-04 = 3
H5-05 = 0
H5-06 = 5
H5-07 = 1

H5-09 = 2
H5-10 = 0
H5-11 = 1
H5-12 = 0
B1-01 = 2
B1-02 = 2

Problem2:
I am trying to use the msg_modbus serial functional block ( tried to attach program but the zip exceeds the file max here. Can email or try to rename the individual files and post. Let me know what I can do here) Currently I am getting a modbus error 55. Which may be related to the 1st problem.

Any advice or things to try would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Jeff

CallError.jpg

My coworker said he has always tried to use the RJ-45 port instead of the wire inputs to the green block. I will try this. Anyone know if there is a setting to tell it what port to look at or are they parallel?

I filled in more info from a manual but not the exact manual for your drive. Not sure what you have for H5-08. If any of this info is different from your book, please correct it:

H5-01 = 5 Drive Node Address
H5-02 = 4 Serial Baud Rate 4=19200 Baud
H5-03 = 0 Parity 0=None
H5-04 = 3 Serial Fault Sel 3=Alarm Only
H5-05 = 0 Serial Flt Detect 0=Disabled
H5-06 = 5 Transmit Wait Time (milliseconds)
H5-07 = 1 RTS Control Enabled
H5-08 = ? Protocol Select (0=Modbus)
H5-09 = 2 Communication Error Detection Time (seconds)
H5-10 = 0 Unit Selection for Modbus Register 0025H
H5-11 = 1 Communications Enter Function Selection 1=Enter Command unnecessary
H5-12 = 0 Run Command Method Selection (0=Bit 0 of run command is Run Forwad, Bit 1 is Run Reverse)
B1-01 = 2 Reference Source 2=Serial Com
B1-02 = 2 Run Source 2=Serial Com

Did you power cycle the VFD after changing the communication parameters?

Thank you OkiePC for the reply and filling in the H codes.
Yes, reset after changing the parameters always.
Only difference is my model CIMR-VU4A0005FAA skips over the H5-08 setting when going to it though the front panel.

I would look carefully at the settings in the Micro820 and make sure all the communication parameters are a match (except for Node address).

I have never used the Micro820.

I recently did Modbus from a P2000 to a pair of Yaskawa VFDs and I did have to enable termination at both end points (both VFDs were at opposite ends) and I did wire it + to + and - to - like you show.

Attached a screenshot of the serial setting on the Micro820. Do you know the pinout by chance or where to find the info for the RJ-45 connector serial connection of the front of the V1000?

CallError.jpg

I've been searching through the technical reference manual MANUAL NO. SIEP C710606 18D from March 2014 and the only reference about the use I can find for the RJ-45 port is as a programming port using DriveWorksEZ, DriveWizard or DriveSelect on a PC. The link to the PDF that OkiePC posted shows that as a PC to Drive connection. I think you will have to use the terminals for your connection to the Micro820.

Page 327, Section 8.3, figure 8.1 is where I found the references to the RJ-45 connector in the above mentioned manual I was looking at.

RS-232 connected up and still get the same flashing CALL. Trying to install the DriveWorks EZ software to see if I can get it to talk usb to serial or com port to serial on the VFD.

Thanks for kicking in Mhammer. It looks like it is RS-232 on a RJ-45 connector.

OK, after talking to tech support. Setting b1-01 and b1-02 from 2 to 0 stop the call flashing upon bootup. Now I will try to read from the drive or get the 8 command loopback to work in the connected components workbench for the Micro820 PLC

Alright! Up and running.
CALL will flash until the until the unit gets a command and then it stops.

To stop the DRV led from flashing set A1-07 = 0 ( Disable DriveWorks )
B1-04 was set to 1 and disabling the reverse. Now set to 0

H5-12 is set to zero for how we want to control the start and stop.

B1-01 and B1-02 set to 2. (Additionally set the last B1-xx to 2. Didn't have time to go back and verify if actually need to but it works so recording it)

The screenshot is the settings for the MSG_Modbus serial function block to put the drive in reverse.

Write channel is 2. Setting for Micro800s
TriggerType is 0 for one write
CMD is 6 for writing 1 register
ElementCnt is 1 for writing 1 register since we set CMD to 6

WriteAddr is 2. NOTE: We are actually writing to register 0001h but the number gets decremented by 1 so we have to set it to 2.
WriteNode is the Device ID set in H5 settings shown above.

We want to turn on the 2nd bit of the 0001h register so we write a 2 in the first localAddrWrite element to put in 0000000000000010 into 0001h.

ReverseVFD.jpg

Hello everybody,

Newbie here. JeffreyS, did you end up using rs232 or were you able to use the rs485 terminal in the v1000?

msg_modbus settings:
localcfg=
channel: 2
trigger: 0
cmd: 1
elementcnt: 1

targetcfg:
addr:21 (I want to read the monitor data 20)
node:5

plc settings:
modbus rtu
no parity
master
rs485
8 bits
1 stop bit
500ms response timer
500ms broadcast stop
100us inter-frame

I'm getting an error 55. "The message timed out in the local processor. A link layer timeout." I'm assuming there is something wrong with my plc configuration. My search for an answer hasn't been fruitful.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!