Christmas time

GregPLC

I want to wish everyone a merry christmas. I especially want to wish a happy holiday to those who cannot make it home for x-mas....The road integrators, that may be stuck in a hotel or the shift controls guy who's working in a plant that must run 24/7/365. I was there once myself....even cost me a marriage. This is my 2nd year where I am lucky and don't have to work over x-mas. Again, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Greg

point, Greg

Years ago I had the unfortunate luck to end up in the hospital
emergency room on Christmas eve. This got me to thinking about
all the 'things' that run, regardless of season or day.

Greg's right...there are control rooms and maintenance
departments all over in process plants that don't or simply
can't shut down for a day or two. These guys work all the
time, and, regardless of compensation, don't deserve to be
away from their families during the holidays.

SO, a shout-out to all those unfortunate ones out there
that work today, or have breakdown calls or call backs after
startups.

Peace on earth,
Jeff

Merry X-Mass

I thought holidays were sopose to be fun, but in my case the wife sends me to my room because she is cleaning the rest of the house and yells at me not to mess up because she just cleaned that thing or another. Yea but when the kids come over it is all right for them.

One thing I got to say is that I'm luckey to be at home and do feel sorry about people that has to work to keep our lives easer. If it worn't for them we could not enjoy the things we have and family.

Merry Christmass all and be good because Santa won't leave you that new computer under the tree. I hope and hope.

Rich

Re: point, Greg. That is just a minor inconvenience.

jdbrandt said:
Greg's right...there are control rooms and maintenance
departments all over in process plants that don't or simply
can't shut down for a day or two. These guys work all the
time, and, regardless of compensation, don't deserve to be
away from their families during the holidays.

SO, a shout-out to all those unfortunate ones out there
that work today, or have breakdown calls or call backs after
startups.

Peace on earth,
Jeff

Working the holidays is a minor inconvenience unless you are far away and can't come home.

In the past I always thought of the sub sailor that has taken my place. Someone is always secretly on patrol. You never hear of them. Now there are many more to think about and they don't get overtime. They are quite literally proctecting your Christmas.

Hey Peter,

Since I'm stuck out here in the Gulf of Mexico for Christmas, could you drive over to my Mom's house and tell her "Merry Christmas" for me, she lives in the beautiful town of Vancouver, Wa.

(I should probably just call her, right?) :oops:

Thank you for mentioning that Peter.

There are untold thousands who are not only protecting our Christmas, but our every day, and every hour. For the general populous, we suffer only the inconvience of maybe having to work on Xmas due to their, and their family's sacrifice.

Now that Santa has eaten his cookies and drank the warm milk I should go to bed.

My peace of mind rests on the many people providing it.

They are standing guard for me to sleep close to my wife and 3 soons.

God bless them.

May they come home safe.

Happy Christmass and thank's guys.

Amen!! about the men and women working this day to make America as safe as possible!!

It embarasses me to think I whined about having to work on Christmas in Mexico. Shame on me!

I DID get a warm fuzzy for repairing a cut-to-length machine 2 days before Christmas. If I didn't, they would have laid every one off. I counted the 100+ cars in the lot and thought about the KIDS! My little effort helped Santa drop by - I hope)

AND SANTA BROUGHT ME A DL06DR!! I need a problem to program now!

Everyone give your family an extra hug for me, will you?

Rod (The CNC dude)

I ask for only one thing for those fighting the battles of ours or any other nations.

Remember them when the war is over and it comes time to hire somebody. The dedication they have shown for their country will reflect in their willingness to make a contribution at home.

HEAR, HEAR !!! Hire a VET.

It's been years since I spent Christmas at home, usually working, so savoring every minute of it with my family.