Recommendations for "Last Scan of Active Steps" setting in Logix 5000 SFC

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have some guidance on setting the Last Scan of Active Steps setting in the SFC Execution tab of Logix5000 controllers?

I'm reading the SFC guide and it doesn't seem like Rockwell really has any recommended setting for this...they give examples on how to work with any of the three settings.

I'm just curious if anyone who has some experience working with these has developed a preference for one over the other based on their experience...ie is one setting easier to troubleshoot? Or makes for easier to read code, etc.

I have a decent amount of experience with PLCs and Ladder but I'm working on my first project using SFC's, so any tips/tricks learned in the trenches out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg