Analog inputs

deltasoft1

Hi all.

Very new to plcs and all things electrical.
My first problem is that I am stuggling to wire a DPA pressure sensor into a dvp-04AD analog input unit.
The pressure sensor is an npn out put type.
For the analog input there are 4 terminals per channel. Voltage v+, Current I+ , com and FG.

V+and I+ need to be bridged out as the pressure sensor out put is in amps.
Now i need to know. Must the analog out put go into the com terminal? And as the V+ I+ terminals are bridged out where must the +24v be wired to allow for the npn wiring of the pressure sensor.

Secondly
The range of the sensor out put is 4mA to 20mA. When setting up an analog input in wplsoft the input mode setting only allows for current input modes of -12mA to 20mA or -20mA to 20mA. This means that a large chunk of the digital data range of 0-1000 will be cut out. Is there some way to adjust this as the data range will start at 500 when pressure is -100kpa

Every thing i am using is a delta product.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The input card only needs two wires. Take the analogue output from the DPA to V+/I+ then DC- to COM. Find a 24V elsewhere to supply the DPA at DC+

Don't know Delta PLCs but you should be able to scale the inputs in the PLC logic. You would surely be doing that anyway so it's no great shakes.