ABB Flexpicker Picking Late.

TigerRage8

I have a Dual Delta Robot application using irb 340 controllers. We have had them in place for approx 10 years. We are doing a case packing application where it picks up packages and places them in boxes. We use a photo eye to determine leading edge of the package. Recently, as it is running, the pick point has been "drifting" at higher speeds. Instead of picking the package in the middle of the package, it starts to creep towards the trailing edge of the package. This is only happening in the first of the two robots. A hard power cycle seems to be the only thing we have found at this point to "fix" the problem. We have changed out many parts and nothing is making this go away. A co-worker thinks we could be going faster then the DiviceNet can go. The system picks 150 packages per min so each unit is doing about 75 picks per min. ABB and the machine maker cannot find this fix either.
🔨