I/O config. mismatch in RS Logix 5

gokul

G
I have an extensive system with PLC 5/40 residing on a 12 slot chassis connected to other 8 slot chassis all connected over remote I/O. The system is working fine and was originally commissioned with ICOM software. I uploaded through RS Logix 5 software, but the I/O configurations are not matching with the physical I/O's. Instead of 16 slot local I/O chassis it reads as 4 slot chassis and so on. But the logic is viewd on line and change of states can be monitored. Whats the cause for above mismatch? Early reply highly appreciated

Thank you

I'm pretty sure that with the plc5 series the i/o config is more of a programmer and troubleshooter item than for the actual program.

In other words it don't matter to the proc what the i/o config says is there.

If i'm wrong someone will be along to set us both straight.

Drewcrew6

The I/O config in RSLogix5 is mostly for documentation purposes and troubleshooting online, etc. The PLC doesn't use this info.
Make sure that the channel config is correct. It should show the scan list for your remote racks.
Regards

Keith

As others stated the config is primarily documenting the layout of your I/O. The 4-slot chassis that you see is simply the default setting until you tell it otherwise.

Logic is not affected one way or the other. The PLC does not care if any of this info is entered.

OG

If you would like to use the features available through the IO config. you can do an auto config. if you can take the machine down and go to program mode, or you can configure each chassis and module manually in IO config. I have never did the autoconfigure option I am sure someone on this site can say if there are any risks involved with this.
Kmitch

There is no autoconfig for what modules are in what slots in RSLogix5. The only Auto Config option is to read the switch settings in the RIO adapter modules. This gets your rack and group settings but does not populate the I/O configuration screen with module information. The PLC-5 simply does not support such a feature.

RSLogix500 can read an SLC500 chassis but y'all probably already knew that.

OG