Backdating AB 1769-L32E firmware

Gtryba007

To make a long story short, I cannot update my LOGIX5000, came from a company long ago and far away, dont have all the info to update.

I purchased a 1769-L32E processor, the firmware is higher than my old logix5K, I need to backdate to a useable firmware for my logix5K

All the forums address updating the firmware, nobody really talks about going backwards

Thanks in advance

Greg

Just download control flash for the specific firmware version you use, and you can flash that (aka Roll Back or Back Date). Note that if you have a program that is on a newer version, you will need it to be on the same version as the firmware.

I have tried that, the problem is that control flash RSwho type selection sees my PLC, but has the yellow ? as unrecognized, cannot go any further than that

Or only sees it as an ethernet port and not the processor

Last edited:
Never tried that!!!

I dug into my box of old school goodies and found a USB to serial converter and a null modem serial cable, finally almost got online to processor, downgrading firmware now via serial at a snails pace!!! Fingers crossed

Thanks for the help!

I located the EDS files and have uploaded them via RSlinx, still no luck, This is a series "A" processor, I saw online that some of these processors had issues with the address the ethernet port as 01, anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

That generation of CompactLogix was a little complicated with regard to Electronic Data Sheet (EDS) files. You needed one for the Ethernet daughtercard, another for the backplane object, and another for the CPU.

If you had a copy of RSLinx Classic that was released after the controller, all of those were included in the install.

What exact version of RSLinx Classic do you have installed ? Can you post a screenshot of what the RSWho browse looks like ?

If you go to the Rockwell EDS website, you can find an EDS for the "1769 Chassis" and for versions 16 through 20 of the firmware for the "1769-L32E" by using those keywords.