Modicon COncept PID blocks

jimdi4

Hello,
I am familar with AB pID loops but this Concept stuff is a little different.

First has anyone have any example PID blocks connected to look at..Concept Quantum program setup for LAD.

Concept offers 5 different PID blocks to choose. I just want to use a standard PID block to control Temperature, Pressure, and Motor AMPs.

I have your standard analog in/out. (PV/CV)

I want to go bumpless tranfer from Man/Auto. Change setpoint remotely..and if possible utilze the Concept FFB block for Autotune.

I just don't see through the "Modicon Haze" of their Help file...Example are quit poor...

Any help is appreciated..thanks in advance..

I agree the lack of any real examples in the Concept literature is a definite issue. But, I thought the CONT_CTRL library was adequate because it provides the PID detailed formulas and the PID structure diagram.

If you are programming only in Ladder (LAD) you are pretty much limited to the PID1 function which is similar to their 984LL version
If you are programming in othe IEC languages you can chose the "standard" PID which is similar (it use the term FEED_FWD instead of BIAS)