Siemens Analog Inputs

KA24DE

Hello Folks, I am trying to figure out how to make use of analog inputs and outputs in Siemens S7. I am familiar with Allen Bradley and for them I would just add a rung using a SCP scale with parameters which would look at the analog value comming in, scale it and send it to a location in my PLC. Very simple, is there a similar method in Step7. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Look under your program elements> Libraries>Standard Library>
TI-S7 Converting Blocks>FC105 and FC107. If you click on these and press F1- a help menu will appear.
These will do what you are looking for, or build your own with a function or function block.

FC105

I know there are other ways but FC105 is faily similar to the SCP in AB. Load the FC and the call it from you OB and it should work just fine.

Gentlemen, I appreciate the hell out of this information. I will be sure to give it a try!

HERE is a previous thread about exactly the same topic.

In that thread I posted some S7 code that works exactly as the AB SCP function.
FC105 is a bit different from SCP (but is OK of course).

Last edited: