MicroLogix 1500 Reserved File

G
I have uploaded a program from a MicroLogix 1500 LSP Series B processor. I uploaded the program while the processor is in Run Mode, therefore, I assume that there are no faults existing in the program.

But, when I verified the saved file, RSLogix 500 displays an error message:

ERROR:Data table file 'PD:8' must be deleted. File 8 is a reserved file for the currently selected processor.

I again checked the program and it uses the PD:8 data file in its ladder file. However, datafile 8 is supposed to be a reserved datafile.

1. Is there a way of removing this error without deleting this PD:8 file?
2. How is it possible that the previous programmer was able to download the program with this type of error?

I haven't used the ML 1500 yet, but I have used the ML1200's. There are many firmware revisions out there. The newer ones support floating point math and the older ones don't. If you uploaded from a firmware revision that supported floats, that would explain why data file 8 was used in the ladder.

Now if you uploaded this program into a project with an older firmware revision processor was configured, it could cause the problem you are seeing. Try going in the offline project and selecting the same series and revision that you uploaded from.

I just tried this with the 1200. When I upload to a new project, I get the processor revision level included with the upload. But when I create a project first, select an older processor, then upload, file 8 is labeled as the reserved file, rather than the actual float file that it really is. I got no compilation errors though.

Maybe I'm on the wrong track.

John is probably right in his summation of your error. All is not lost, you can download the upgrade to series C from the Rockwell site and flash upgrade your processor to a series C. Regards Alan Case