AOI - change Local tag to Parameter?

harderga

Hi guys; I have a large AOI which was created with some Local Tags (UDT Structured) which should have been InOut Parameters. There are lots of references in the AOI to this Local Tag element. Is there a way to change this tag from Local to Parameter? Cannot simply create an Alias Parameter, as the Local tag is a UDT structure.
(Studio5000 v32)

Last edited:
Found it! On the Add-On Instruction from the Assets tree, open the Parameters and Local Tags dialog, and in the Usage column you can pull-down to change Local to InOut Parameter, etc.

Similar Topics

Hi Hope you all are doing well. Iam working on a project with some AOI. I also hate no online edits... lol. My problem occurs when I use a UDT...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i have an issue with saving a changed value in an AOI, I am using L84E, Everytime i try to save my work to SD card, the program lost...
Replies
Views
Working with AB/ Rockwell PLCs How do I get certain outputs to show up like the picture ? The one in the picture was made by a manufacturer, but...
Replies
Views
I'd like you to meet my IO_Link Block, Fred. There are a couple of SSVs outside of Fred's AOI whose main purpose in life is to prevent me from...
Replies
Views
I am trying to connect to a Chiller through Modbus TCP that has been setup as a Modbus slave and I see the Rockwell AOI and it looks pretty...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom