writing an hmi from scratch using VB

@Peter, what are you doing in the HMI that requires any kind on speed? I always try to let the PLC hardware handle anything that requires any kind of speed or precision.

How can I post pictures w/o a link?

Use the paper clip to upload them. After they have been uploaded, you can attach them to the thread by clicking the arrow next to the paper clip, your uploaded images will be available there.

capture-20201123-075951.png

It's the same with all files, many non-image extensions have to be zipped though (program/HMI files for example).

I made my first simple SCADA like program for Windows using Visual Basic 1.0 running on Windows 3.1 in 1992.

Before, about 1989 I had already made another monitoring program for MS-DOS with Borland TurboBasic

lol. apparently, I don't get a paper clip. funny

We can thank none other than the less-than-impressive, opposite-of-genius, Steve Jobs, who thought making computers for the illiterate was a good idea, along with all the other fools* who followed his lead.

* N.B. this is not at all directed at the maintainers of this or any other site, because I get it: the UI ecosystem is what it is.

</rant>

SCR%20Overview.png
Stm_Wtr_Ovrw.png
Or these:
HRSG_Overview.png

Group%20Trend.png