Rs Linxs

ckabine

I have Rslinxs ver. 2.40, I cannot get it to run in Windows Vista, is there an update, or does Allen Bradley not have anything supported by Windows Vista?

Having to deal with Rockwell can be a real pain at times.

But if you paid for the software and have any tech connect contract with them, I would utitlize this service until they recongnise your voice on the phone.

tech support
1-440-646-3100

Just my 2 cents....

Let us know if you find a patch or a fix or any luck at all

RSLinx 2.40 was about five years ago, if I remember correctly.

The current release is version 2.51

You can download RSLinx Lite for free, without a support contract, from the Rockwell Automation Support site. Follow the ordinary procedures for software download, it's just that RSLInx Lite doesn't require a support contract number.

While RSLinx has not been fully tested against Microsoft Windows Vista, I have anecdotal evidence from users running the Ethernet drivers that it works correctly, as do RSLogix 5, 500, and 5000 software.