server redundancy

Charbel

dear,

i want your advice if possible on the below

i have one PLC cabinet with dual redundant PLC located in substation 1 where an operator will be there. Another operator will be located in substation 2. substation 1 is connected to substation 2 using dual redundant fiber optic cables.

network design can be in one of the 2 different options:

1- Substation 1 will be housing two redundant SCADA servers, one historian server, operator workstation and engineering workstation.
Substation 2 will be housing client to the SCADA servers located in substation 1

2- Substation 1 will be housing one SCADA server, operator workstation and engineering workstatiaon
Substation 2 will be housing one SCADA server (redundant to the server located in substation 1) and one client.
The 2 redundant servers in the second option will also have an integrated historian server.

which option is better? are any standard which can confirm the selection like TIA-942?

Thanks for your advice!!

Charbel

Use ignition as your scada and put a sever at each location. Assuming you have not chosen a scada option

Mohsin

:unsure: This post is so great and nice o_O

2- Substation 1 will be housing one SCADA server, operator workstation and engineering workstatiaon
Substation 2 will be housing one SCADA server (redundant to the server located in substation 1) and one client.
The 2 redundant servers in the second option will also have an integrated historian server.

dear,

thank you for your reply :), is the option of having one SCADA server in each location following a certain standard like TIA-942?

thanks a lot!

charbel