No backup or password for protected S7 plc!

ThePortLion

Hi guys

Simple question. Is there any possible way around Siemens plc code that has PLC Access Rights enabled?

I have a plc 315-2DP which I have no offline backup for and when i try to upload anything from the cpu directly, I'm asked for a password which our now defunct vendor failed to leave us.

They setup the PLC Access Rights in Step 7.

I've spoken to Siemens support who have told me I'm basically
screwed, but I thought I'd run it by some of the automation guru's on here!

🤞🏻

No. From my understanding canopener is only used if you already have an offline project and you need to open blocks that have know-how protection on them.

The online code/project i'm looking has an overall protection enabled
on it which, without the password, prevents doing any sort of upload from the cpu.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

There's a guy in Germany who used to be able to do this for you, he charges a fee, but if it works, then I guess that's a lesser problem.

Only problem is that the last time that he did this successfully (to my knowledge) was 2005. It's possible that Siemens has stiffened up the password protection since then, but it can't hurt to ask him.

Contact details:

S.Rothenbacher GmbH
Benzstr.6 89079 Ulm
tel: 0731 45020
fax: 0731 46055
email:
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
<http://www.rothenbacher-gmbh.de>

Thanks Barry. I had read this article. I'm not sure i have the time(/ brains!) to hack plc firmware like this.

As an update I found a 128k flash eeprom card which contains a backup of the program. I tried it in a Siemens Prommer only to find that it was password protected as well.

I can see the list of blocks on there but cant upload/open any of them.

Are you referring to something like WinHex?
I havent used this before.
Can you tell me how to go about this?

I also forgot to mention that it's the older type 128k flash eeprom 6ES7 951-0KG00-0AA0

The vendor left a second flash card as a backup. I opened it using a siemens prommer and
the story is the same. It's password protected, so all i could see was the block list on the card.
No editing or copying possible.

Last edited:
Install Winhex on the PG and see if Winhex recognises/displays the memory card contents. I've done this with MMC cards but not with the older memory cards.

Hi L D

I tried your suggestion but the siemens prommer does not appear as a physical drive in windows. I cannot see it in WinHex either.

It only seems to read it when i open the card from within Step7.