(ArchestrA) Find all instances where a Galaxy Style is used

scrambled

Is there a way I can run a search through all the graphics objects in a Galaxy and find all the instances where a particular Galaxy element style is used?

I doubt it...
From my forum experience, whilst there are System Platform users of all competency levels the percentage of users is small.
You might be better trying to talk to software toolbox/code192 or look at everdyn as well.

You obviously have a different approach to the way the product has been designed for solving some issues.,?

Yeah, this is my first Wonderware project, so I'm still trying to get a feel of what it's capable of from a configuration/engineering perspective.

In terms of object-oriented SCADA, I'm more of a ClearSCADA guy, so I'm used to using scripting/SQL queries to quickly read info on large systems, or in some scenarios do mass-configuration on lots of database objects. In the latter case, it sure beats spending hours manually ticking hundreds of check-boxes.

I got my hopes up a bit when I found out System Platform has an accessible SQL back-end but unfortunately it's not documented or officially supported, so I can't get adventurous with it.

I would also suggest the Wonderware Developers Network. I know some of the developers frequent the forums there and obviously its a focused user group on the product.

WDN

I do have an account there to check out KB articles, but did not notice at the time that there is also a forum. Thanks, I will check it out.