ControlView to RsView to FactoryTalk View

VickyPumero

Hello!

I am currently working on a migration and I need to migrate a ControlView application to FactoryTalk View, reviewing some manuals I have noticed that I must first move to RsView.

Does anyone have more information on how to make this translation?

How to import a ControlView application to RsView?

Thank you

Hi

i would recommend you to make a new HMI with FTV. It will be faster (believe me) and it will work. If you convert applications, there will be a lot of wired stuff and behaviours.

How big is the project?

Very big

Additionally I do not have a PC or the ControlView installer, only RsView and FT

That's why I want to convert it to RSView minimum

talk to your Rockwell distributor or local AB office. There used to be a program to convert Advisor PC (what ControlView was before) to RSView32, then it's a easy step to RSView32.
If your buying the FTView from them then they should be willing to help you. That's why every distributor has to have a Rockwell Software support person.

offtopic

@JaxGTO: can you (or someone else) tell a little bit of the story how it came from Advisor PC to ControlView to RSView to Factorytalkview? Which were the big changes or improvements in these steps?

I'm just curious and couldnt find anything on the web.

From the RSView32 Getting Results Guide:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using components from ControlView projects

Many components, such as graphic displays or tag databases, can be imported
from a ControlView™ or ControlView Builder project into RSView32. For
more information, see the ControlView Project Import Wizard Help, included
on the RSView32 Resources CD-ROM, and also available from the RSView32
Tools menu on the Windows Start menu.

For a description of how RSView32 differs from ControlView and
ControlView Builder, see Appendix C, Differences Between RSView32 and
ControlView, in the online RSView32 User’s Guide.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a minimum you need the RSView32 development software, running on a 32-bit operating system, as an intermediate step in this migration project.