B&R 7CP476.60-1 upload program Backup

riz123

Hi,
I have a B&R Cpu 7CP476.60-1...I need to upload its program and variable list.
I am trying with PVI transfer tool and one USB to RS232 cable but I m unable to connect to PLC...I tried everything possible changed baud rate, changed parity but its not working...
Also I tried to connect on Automation Studio 2.7..But I am unable to connect to cpu and read any data.
Can anyone help me please as what is the issue..?
Any help asap will be highly appreciated.

Hello,
the serial interface may not be configured well or may be configured to be used internally (we sometimes configure serial ports to connect a printer or that kind of stuff).

what you can do is put the node switches to 0 / 0 and reboot. In this case the cpu does not start the application tasks. so the interface is not occupied and you should be able to connect with the standard settings that are (if I remember well)
57600 Baud
E even parity
8 data bit

It is a try.

BR
BB

Thanks for reply, But I already tried this..its not working.
Do I need windows 7 system or windows xp for using PVI tool..?
I m confused..Anyway I tried on windows xp VM also..But I failed.

Hi,
sorry to ask, but which kind of cable you are using? It needs 2-3, 3-2 and 5-5.

Did the cable work on another occascion?

do you have another CPU.476 where you could try?

With PVI you can connect every Windows (we have Win.NT, Win.2000, Win.XP, Win.7, Win.10).

What is the Error Number you receive?

Thanks for your suggestion..I have 2 CPU and on both I m getting below error No.

1. When I try in windows-7 laptop and CAN-ID Nr. Setting 0F and 0F I am getting “PVI Error #4808 No Connection available to PLC” error.
2. When I try in windows-7 laptop and CAN-ID Nr. Setting as 0F and 2F I am getting “PVI Error # 12103: Windows system error: Open/create mapped file. (communications buffer)”
3. When I try in Virtual windows XP and CAN-ID Nr. Setting as 0F and 2F I am getting “PVI Error #13070 : Access Denied (5, Error_Access_Denied)”

Thanks for your suggestion..I have 2 CPU and on both I m getting below error No.

1. When I try in windows-7 laptop and CAN-ID Nr. Setting 0F and 0F I am getting “PVI Error #4808 No Connection available to PLC” error.

0xFF = Operation System download, this is a special communication that will not help you.
Please try : 0x00

2. When I try in windows-7 laptop and CAN-ID Nr. Setting as 0F and 2F I am getting “PVI Error # 12103: Windows system error: Open/create mapped file. (communications buffer)”

3. When I try in Virtual windows XP and CAN-ID Nr. Setting as 0F and 2F I am getting “PVI Error #13070 : Access Denied (5, Error_Access_Denied)”

case 2 and case 3 point out that there is problems on Windows. basically it is not necessary to change Windows OS, it is better you try Win.7 as with VM there is additional malconfigurations possible.

With Win.7 I guess you are using an USB Serial converter? Is it working well (Windows Device-Manager -> inspection).

If you want you can upload your PIL script, I have a CPU in front of me, I can test your script.

What I would do:

CAN switch to 0x00, Win.7 with Pvi-Transfer (or Runtime utility center) and try the connection settings until there is no error anymore.

Whenever you try to connect, you need to see LED on the PLC flashing, if there is no flashing, the signals dont reach the PLC and it is not the fault of the PLC. Then it is a Windows setting or USB - serial converter or alike.

BR
BB

Hi again, I am sorry :cry:, my memory made me a joke.

CAN ID switch is like this

0x00 : Operating system download (=dont use)
0xFF : Diagnose mode, user-tasks wont be executed, serial ports may stay unoccupied.

BR

Hello Sir,

After so much try I gave up on B&R cpu..and now we are sending it to B&R HO for program backup.
Thanks for your valuable time and suggestions.

Did u ever figgured out why 7CP476.60-1 didn't comunicate?

I had one bad (after a flood, gor ram ping 5V coroded, patched them up, but some problem with buffer also corrosion )

Got anidentical PLC from ebay (actually two) none are comunicating thru RS232 .. the flooded one is comunicatic with same cable, bad memmory cand be usable.

So what am i missin, the two that i bought are defectice? no software on them?

They dont comunicate on 0X00, 0XFF, or any of 0X01 .. 0x88

What can i do with them just return ?