RSView Studio v4.00.00 (CPR 7) - strange error!

Lasu

I am trying to restore an application (.apa) which was developed in RSView Studio SE v4.00.00 (CPR7), and I am getting the following error message:

2guxjpy.jpg

The computer has over 40GB of free space.

The application is not open anywhere else because i've copied the .apa to my local hard drive.

The application does not already exist because this is a fresh installation of RSView Studio!

I can't seem to figure out why i'm getting this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have received that error in the past for two reasons:

1.) The *.apa was corrupt.

2.) I tried to restore the *.apa across a mapped network drive.

Did you check the AB knowledgebase for other possibilities? There are several hits if you enter the phrase "unable to restore the application".

Also, if you install the patch roll-up for 4.0 it solves some other subtle issues, such as screen navigation buttons not working which I also encountered.

Greg

kirk_dotson said:
Have you checked your project folder to see if there is a folder the same name as the project you are trying to restore?

Yes, there isn't a folder with the same name. Thank you though!

Greg Dake said:
I have received that error in the past for two reasons:

1.) The *.apa was corrupt.

2.) I tried to restore the *.apa across a mapped network drive.

Did you check the AB knowledgebase for other possibilities? There are several hits if you enter the phrase "unable to restore the application".

Also, if you install the patch roll-up for 4.0 it solves some other subtle issues, such as screen navigation buttons not working which I also encountered.

Greg

I was worried that the *.apa might be corrupt, as i'm trying to restore it from my local hard drive. Let me see what I can find in the knowldgebase under "unable to restore the application." Thanks for the help!

Did you also install RSLinx Enterprise? I think you get the same error in RSViewME if you forget to install Linx Enterprise. I can't find the Tech Note in the quagmire that the Rockwell Knowledge Base has become but I think it gives you this message. Like most error messages it gives you no clue what is really wrong.