nfpa 79

jimcav

This is for all the nfpa experts, nfpa 79 states that the only wire that can be used in a control panel for an industrial machine is mtw not atm. my question is what about multi conductor cables such as 3 phase motor cables connected to a vfd. woodhead does not make a cable that meets the mtw standard.

this nfpa 79 is crazy!!!!!

thanks jim cav

We use THHN for 480V wiring to VFDs and Contactors inside our panels. I didn't know that was a violation of NFPA 79...

Tharon said:
We use THHN for 480V wiring to VFDs and Contactors inside our panels. I didn't know that was a violation of NFPA 79...

Most THHN is also MTW certified...you have to pull the specs..

Similar Topics

What is the general thought of using 120V solenoid valves while maintaining NFPA 70E guidelines? I would think that as long as the connections and...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some information. If a machine was being built in Either the US or EU for Mexico, where can I find what the electrical...
Replies
Views
So, I am covering for a colleague who is out this week, and I started to check out a control panel he had designed. To my surprise, I opened the...
Replies
Views
I've only ever been on the maintenance/commissioning side of Arc Flash training and I'm being asked to make sure a panel meets Category 0. I know...
Replies
Views
OK I am reading this months Control Engineering magazine. I ran across this...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom