Fast indexing with CompactLogix + servo

mp91

Our process is such that one of our servo's needs to move X units every 2.5ms and it needs to be pretty accurate. Are there any tricks for firing off MAM every 2.5ms? I can set a periodic task to run every 2.5ms but I think that will really take a large amount of the processor cycles. For the examples sake let's say i can tolerate +/- 0.1 ms on the MAM start time

We are using a CompactLogix 1769 L30ERMS and haven't bought a drive yet but am looking at a Kinetix 5500.

Thanks

2.5ms seem a little short seeing as the coarse update rate is probably only 2ms. You might need to smash the update rate up as high as it goes and try using a MATC to generate the movement.

Thanks Geoff. Believe it or not I have just found out it was a typo and it's actually 250 ms............

Thank god.