DL05 Mode 50 Pulse catch Mode

Jim G.

I have a Keyence LR-W500C full spectrum sensor that I am using to detect a splice in an expiring roll of paper. This sensor triggers a edge marking system so that the splice is identified in the finished wound up roll. The line speed for winding is in excess of 1650 fpm, so the sensor only sees the splice an instant. I am taking the sensor output and sending it to a D0-05DR-D controller at input X0. I have X0 set up as a high speed input in Mode 50 which is pulse catch mode. I want to catch the changing status of the sensor and hold the pulse "on" long enough to trigger my external marking system. We have used this type of set up before on another line and it seemed to work well. It is not working on this line and we are missing marking splices. I think everything is set up to do what I want. Could someone look at my code and see if there is anything I'm missing. Thank you.

Code looks fine to me as well. Can I ask why you chose to enter the "setup" of pulse catch in a subroutine on the first scan? was that a requirement? Although I'm sure it is not causing the trouble I was more wondering for myself.

You can use an off delay on the Keyence sensor's output to make sure it stays on long enough for your PLC to catch it.

kamaroman68
Not a requirement. Just a habit of setting everything up upon power up and first scan.

g.mccormick
X5 is on when the marking head is on the paper. Does come on when running.

SeanT
I will look at the sensor documentation and see if that can help.

Thank you to everyone for your assistance.