525 AOI/Faceplate

PLC Pie Guy

525 Faceplate and AOI:

Morning All.
I wanted to start a thread to talk about the faceplate and AOI Rockwell offers for
Factory Talk View ME to control their 525 drives. I downloaded the package from AB .com. It
contains numerous files including a main routine, parameter file, goto button, .gfx file and a user manual.

Issue #1. No alarming on configured project.

"""Configuration of “Fault_Msg” instruction.
Select :
Service Type: Get Attribute Single
Class : 97, Instance : 4, Attribute :1"""

This is a clip taken from the user instructions on page 13.

These values are incorrect and should be, Class : 93, Instance : 7, Attribute :9.

Issue #2.

Speed Reference:

I have attached a screen shot of the speed reference rung after I modified it to make it work. In the original as downloaded
AOI that CPT instruction for the speed reference had the tag "speedRef_Units" instead of the tag "SetSpeed_Program".
Likewise, the next rung in the AOI shows the operator speed refernce using the same tag "speedRef_Units"
in its CPT instruction. The odd thing here is that the speed refernece entered in on HMI faceplate in the operator mode sends
its speed reference value to the tag "speedRef_Units" and not to "SetSpeed_Oper" as I would expect.

Issue #3.

Displaying of values:

I am noticing that on my HMI faceplate when in run time. I see the frequency, current voltage and speed displayed with the wrong
decimal. Example: If current is 5.61 on the HMI I see 56.10. There are many instances of this in a single faceplate.

SO as you can see I have had a few issues with this AOI trial project. I expected to get a little more feedback from Rockwell on
this but it has been a while and I have not heard back from them. NS_Drives_Guy, I'm looking at you!! I simply want to know, were these AOI/Faceplates meant to be
"ready to go " as downloaded or is there expected reconfiguration of the AOI to make it work. I would think that things like multiplier
values would already be set to look at the 525's two decimal configuration. Perhaps there is something I am missing in setting these
values to display properly but they do not appear to be variables in the AOI.
As for the speed reference thing, I don't see how it could have possibly functioned as written except in the operator mode.
I am left wondering if I should use the faceplate again as it was not as seamless as I had hoped.

Any comments or criticism is welcomed.

Thanks

Yeah i feel your pain we just had some new equipment installed and the scaling for the speeds of the drives are all wrong. For example, if i open the drive faceplate it asks for Hz as a speed input and if i enter 60 Hz for the speed the drive actually tries to run at .60Hz. To get the drive to run 60Hz i have to enter 6000 on the drive faceplate. This isn't a big deal for myself but for the operators or maintenance it causes problems because the faceplate is asking for Hz.

I would probably just take a couple of hours to fix their mistakes and create new faceplates that have what i need on them and put it away in my sample code folder for later use. It doesn't surprise me that the faceplates aren't correct. I doubt they actually test the sample programs.

Last edited:
I realize I am replying to older post, but this is relevant my current issue. I am using V31 of Logix, 11 of FTVME, and V5 of a PF525EENET. I have faceplate created and can start and stop my drive, but still trying to wrap my head around what else I need to map between the AOI and the AOP. I am seeing the same issue you described with the speed reference. Would you please repost the screen shot you mentioned in this post. I don't think it is available any longer?? Any other advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I want to control four 525s that are driving pumps.

Thank you,