Versamax CPU001 RS485 RTU

alencknovi

I want to communicate with versamax CPU001 on port 2 with rtu slave.
I build up a cable two wire as per instruction here:(typical 2 wire)
http://technolink.spb.ru/downloads/GE_Intelligent_Platforms_PROFICY/documents/Modbus_GFK2220C.pdf

And have 485 to ethernet converter that has 2 wire connection.
On controller i have set up port RTU only 19600, 2 wire

I am trying to send commands but i get no response from plc at all.
Dont know what where to look for mistake or should i have something in ladder to initiate communication when using plc as slave?

Make sure your polarity is correct between the PLC and your converter. GE's pin labeling can be a bit confusing. "A" on the GE side is minus. "B" is plus.
You don't need any ladder logic in the PLC when the port is set up as a slave.