Potential Communication Problem with PanelView 900 HMI

MadMaxx

Greetings Everyone:

I was having a problem with a PanelView 900 (Catalog # 2711T9C8) that I believe is not communicating with its associated SLC 5/04 PLC at the the moment.

Shortly after machine start-up, the fault and communication lights on the HMI flicker red (and never turn green as they should).

I was wondering whether or not the problem was necessarily related to a communication failure between the HMI and PLC, or if the problem could possibly lie with the HMI's program itself, as the program fails to launch upon startup.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Are you sure the PV has a program in it?
See Pic below

StatusLites.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply, Mickey.

Yes, the PanelView did have a program in it.

At this point, I am leaning towards the problem being a communications fault as both the green and red LEDs on the back of the PanelView flicker upon startup and then both go out.

So the status indicators for comm and fault (as referenced in the data sheet you provided) are both in a 'no fill' condition.

Our SLC 5/04 PLC is in run mode and we have various output lights displaying on the output cards.

We are currently in the process of verfiying our wiring and connections to the PLC scanner card.

How can I definitively pinpoint a communications failure on the PanelView 900 (and say, rule out the scanner card being the problem) with certainty?

Thanks again for your assistance.

The part no. you posted for your PV has a DH+ comm. which would connect directly to you SLC5/04's DH+ post. What does the scanner card have to do with this?